NVH has 12 places available for this excellent event which takes runners through some of London's most famous landmarks. Register your interest now for a chance of getting a place. Here are the details provided by NVH coordinator, Lee Hartill.
- Basically the club has the honour of having 12 places (6 Male & 6 Female) for this years 10K race due to racing in the national relays during the year.
- Places are only available to fully paid-up club members.
- To register your interest, visit Lee's Facebook page.
- Lee will need all entries finalised by April 30th.
3. Details needed
- It has been agreed that all those that want to go have to put in £10 for their place, if we have more demand that the 12 places then that pot of money will be used to try and help subsidise more places for the club.
- Normally we fill the females places without extra but it seems this year it looks like its going to be in hefty demand.
- If people can hand their monies to Ray, Mike or Lee.
When people enter, Lee will need the following details. Please be thorough in providing this, as it is not fair for him and the others to have to chase:
4. Race information
- Post Code & House Number
- Daytime/Mobile Number
- Emergency Contact Name
- Emergency Contact Number
- Finishers T-Shirt Size
- Predicted Time
- Start time: 10:00am on Monday 28 May.
- Route: Starts and finishes in St James’s Park and uses Green Park as its assembly area. The race starts on The Mall and finishes on Spur Road opposite Buckingham Palace. Runners follow a clockwise route around the City of Westminster and the City of London. The course passes many of London’s famous sights including Admiralty Arch, Nelson’s Column, St Paul’s Cathedral, Mansion House, the Bank of England, the Old Bailey, Somerset House, Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey.
- Each kilometre will be clearly marked. A timing mat at the halfway point will take your 5km split time.
- There are water stations at 3km and 6.5km.
- Toilets will be placed close to 3km, 5km and 7km for runners’ use.
Visit the official website
for further information.